Saligna wood decking supplier in South Africa
Phone Die Houtfabriek at (016) 933-5219 for our range of quality Saligna wood decking
Also known as the Sydney blue gum, the Saligna is a wood originally from Australia. During the boom of the mining industry in South Africa Saligna was planted to be used for supports within mineshafts due to its ability to grow perfectly straight up for metres on end but due to their various other advantages, have been introduced into many other industries throughout South Africa as well with one of these industries being the building industry and Saligna wood decking more specifically.
More advantages of Saligna wood:
- Although it is not native to South Africa it healthily grows all through the country, making it easy and cost effective to source for Saligna wood decking use.
- As mentioned, it grows straight up with little or no side branches, making it easier and cheaper to cut, prepare and process.
- Even after it has been cut, new trees grow from the stump, doing away with having to re-plant thousands of trees as will be necessary with pine.
- It is very versatile for use in many functions, as it is quite a hard, coarse and even textured wood.
- With its rich dark honey-coloured feature it has become widely used within the furniture and wood decking trades as it delivers a beautiful end product.
- Due to its aesthetic qualities it can either just be varnished or finished in any shade, product or colour to deliver beautiful results within any use.
Die Houtfabriek has come to realise the versatility and beauty of this wood and have incorporated Saligna wood decking into our already vast range of wood. As we strive on 100% customer satisfaction, we cut, prepare, finish and treat all our woods prior to delivery to make sure that you will have a Saligna wood deck that will last you for years with the minimum amount of maintenance costs. Phone us on (016) 933-5219 for details on our range of Saligna wood decking and how we can customize a quotation to suit your exact needs.